PIER Home Page
"It Starts with a Voice" written by Amy Wright. Performed by Ben Wright
PIER is a not-for-profit 501 3(C)
We are an educational and support resource for supporting success with children, youth, or adults who have:
Developmental, Learning, Cognitive, Physical, Medical, Mental Health or Behavioral
Diagnosis, DisAbilities or Issues.
Work to ensure families and individuals have choices and opportunities to help them decide what is
best for their family.
Are a parent led group that supports a newsletter and this website that is inclusive of statewide activities,
events and parent connections.
Work to inspire and encourage other families like ours to be active and network within their communities!
Are supported by a number of agencies and schools who disperse PIER information out to staff and
families by sharing newsletters, fliers, and resources.
Thank you to those families, organizations and business who support us financially!!!
We can help by:
* Working with your community organizations, agencies, churches and businesses to grow an
information and support network to help families and individuals access resources.
* Listening - What are your needs?
* Connecting you with resources (formal, informal, school, work, community)
* Linking you with activities; trainings and education opportunities; communication with professionals,
schools, legislators and community.
* Help with designing programming for your child/individual to be successful in school and community.
* Communicating in a way that works for you that promotes family based input and respect. * Understanding ~ NOT judging.
PIER has trained volunteers:
* Through Wisconsin Family and Assistance Center for Education and Training Support (WI FACETS)
to help with school questions.
* In the MAP - PATH processes to help work towards individuals goals for the future
* Family Voices of Wisconsin to help identify and link with formal and informal resources within
We can provide:
* Networking opportunities
* Trainings or help you find trainers:
* Communication with Schools and Community
If you would like:
PIER is an informational site. It is not a legal services agency and cannot provide legal advice or legal representation. Any information contained on this site is not intended as legal or medical advice but only as an informational resource. This web site was created to inform and educate. The content should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, recommendations, diagnosis or treatment.
You are encouraged to confirm all information with other sources and a physician. If you have health concerns, please call or see a qualified health care provider without delay. .
We do not endorse any treatments, providers, or product information in this site.
As with any program - we strongly encourage you to thoroughly check out references.